[elephant-devel] Next issue, this time with Postmodern backend

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 15:32:02 UTC 2008

> 	I'm imagining something that spins up 100 simultaneous threads and does
> something to elephant from within each thread.  Following the mantra
> "red, green, refactor", it would be lovely to see things seize up and
> then see that your patch fixes it.  It would also be a starting point
> for other concurrency related tests in the future. (It might be useful
> for the CL-SQL guys, as well.)

Note that this test case doesn't match the problem with Postgres which
my patch resolves. The problem is not a high number of threads accessing
the database, but a lot of dangling connections that do not get closed
when the thread terminates.

Although it would be most sensible to have the test you proposed,
I'd rather make up the test case that actually fits here first
and then maybe implement the other test.

  Leslie