[elephant-devel] Time for the 4.6 patch.....

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Feb 26 04:23:41 UTC 2008

Dear Team,
	On Dec. 30th, Anton Kazennikov submitted the attached patch to make
Elephant work with BDB 4.6.  (THANKS!)  I twiddled my thumbs about it,
in part because I didn't know how many people were ready for 4.6.

	It now seems that the time is ripe to make the move from 4.5 to 4.6 in
the main repository.  Anton's patch stimulated some discussion about how
to allow one to configure for different versions, however, I suggest
that we simply move to 4.6 as the default now, unless someone volunteers
to make the BDB version configurable.

	I now have BDB working on my x86_64, and am green under BDB 4.6 with
this patch.

	Moving to 4.6 will mean that if you do an update of the latest
repository (which will NOT be an official release for some months, I
think), and you use BDB, you would have to upgrade your BDB to 4.6.

	If you object to this move, please reply by Thursday.

	Until then, if you want to use 4.6, you may want to use the attached
patch (a darcs patch).