[elephant-devel] SQLite locking error / BDB multi-image support

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 07:19:50 UTC 2008

> Why don't you send over stack traces and a more in-depth description
> of your setup.

Here's the SQLite story.

I'm using SQLite3 version 3.5.6 (apparently compiled with thread safety),
CLSQL 4.0.1, SBCL 1.0.14 and the latest Elephant on an ext3 file system,
kernel 2.6.24.

The error occurs on my development machine with close to zero load
and only two processes writing quickly with minimum time in between.

The backtrace is attached. You can also see the two requests in close
succession before it. The first request removes an object from a PSET,
the second adds it again to the same PSET (although this detail
probably doesn't matter since the error is occuring on the SQLite
layer).

I have also found that the SQLite backend of the Trac project had
a bunch of similar errors in previous versions[1].

The error occurs with roughly 50% probability.

> PS - Are you trying to run this on your local disk, or over a
> networked filesystem?

Everything is local.

  Leslie

[1] http://www.google.de/search?hl=en&q=+site:trac.edgewall.org+trac+sqlite+locking+error