[elephant-devel] Fix for Unicode2 serializer

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Thu Feb 21 03:58:39 UTC 2008

Dear Leslie,
	Thanks for this patch.

	However, I wonder if it possible for you to turn whatever made you
notice it into a test-case?  It is possible that this bug exists on the
LISP you are using and not mine, but in any case we should use each such
bug as an opportunity to expand the suite of automated tests.

	As you will see, we have a tiny number of tests around unicode issues,
which arose out of my using some Esperanto stuff.  However, I am sure
our tests are not sufficient.

	The ideal thing would be to write a test, see that it fails without our
patch, and then that it and all the other relevant tests are green with
the patch in place.