[elephant-devel] QDBM Support

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Wed Feb 13 23:31:20 UTC 2008

About the Lisp backend project, it is an interesting project and I
really would like to help, but I don't really know if I have a lot of
time during the coming months. I will try to help as much as I can
though. On my CV is that I have spent some days to find a subtle bug
in the the rucksack btree implementation. Also I have written some
braindump notes of my own ideas of similar projects.

About transactions, I think the rucksack model with multiple
concurrent object versions is nice. Another idea from rucksack, having
the btrees implemented as lisp objects that are serialized and
deserialized just like other objects, is that an idea worth
considering? It probably makes the implementation a little bit easier,
but I am speculating that it may give worse performance.

About garbage collection. If it is necessary at the beginning, I would
like a design that it should be done by a second independent process
so it doesn't degrade performance for the client program.

Great idea this,
Thanks,

/Henrik