[elephant-devel] test concurrent

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Thu Apr 10 07:51:12 UTC 2008

 RLR> However, fixing those tests (or the concurrency problem they
 RLR> represent) under SBCL is a high priority.

what do you mean by "fixing under SBCL"? do you think they are working on
some other implementation?
very unlikely..

i've improved and extended concurrency tests, and they work mostly fine with
postmodern.
but still that's quite weird stuff, so i think they should stay separate and
optional -- staying in their own suite:

 (in-suite* testthreads)

so you can run them explicitly via (do-test-spec 'testthreads)

tests require serializable isolation level (without it there is no
consistency -- indices can be descynchronized from slots and other weird
things happen),
deadlock detection and transactions restarts due to access conflicts and
deadlocks. if you want to pass tests with CLSQL, you can start improving it
in these areas. but i'm not sure if it's possible at all for all supported
backends..

also, some tests (threaded-object-creation-0-i) fail regardless of
backend -- due to index caching we have in elephant.
i've commented them out for now, but that doesn't mean that issues should
not be addressed.

here's what in attached patch bundle:

test concurrency extended
un-disabled tests for SBCL

db-postmodern: transaction retry handling, serializable isolation
transaction restart support plus extended features

db-postmodern: small sync cache fix
db-postmodern: sync-cache type handling fix