[elephant-devel] Documentation / Backends

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 24 15:58:01 UTC 2007

Two more things:

1. Analogous to distributing pre-compiled DLLs with Elephant I'd also
   recommend to include pre-built HTML and/or PDF documentation
   (again, like CLSQL does).  Windows users usually won't have the
   tools installed to build the docs, and even on Linux it didn't
   really work for me, because a) the Lisp "lisp" (which on my machine
   is CMUCL) is hard-coded into the Makefile, and b) make-ref.lisp
   uses REQUIRE to load Elephant.

2. Is there a description somewhere on how to create a new backend for
   Elephant?  (Like, which functions have to be provided and to
   integrate it.)

Thanks,
Edi.