[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 24 15:27:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:14:33 -0400, Ian Eslick <eslick at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> config.sexp is only a reference file.  You copy this to my-
> config.sexp and then edit the paths to be the appropriate ones for
> your system.

In the long run you should try to get rid of absolute pathnames at all
(or use them only for building) and trust the OS to find external
programs and shared libraries from the filename sans directories.
Otherwise it will be very hard or almost impossible to deliver
executables with Elephant using Lisps like LispWorks or AllegroCL.  If
you're interested, you'll find a long discussion of these topics and a
way to cope with them in the CLSQL mailing list archive, around
mid-2005 IIRC.  The thread, which lasted several months, was called
something like "How CLSQL finds and loads foreign libraries."