[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Frank Schorr franks-muc at web.de
Fri Mar 23 16:02:40 UTC 2007

My understanding is that cygwin is *only* used for making the dll.
For this purpose asdf excutes these cygwin commands:

gcc -mno-cygwin -mwindows -c -Wall -std=c99 -L/c/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley\ DB\ 4.5.20/lib/ -I/c/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley\ DB\ 4.5.20/include/ libberkeley-db.c
dlltool -z libberkeley-db.def --export-all-symbols -e exports.o -l libberkeley-db.lib libberkeley-db.o
gcc -shared -mno-cygwin -mwindows -L/c/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley\ DB\ 4.5.20/bin/ -llibdb45 libberkeley-db.o exports.o -o libberkeley-db.dll

With these settings in config.sexp

#+(or mswindows windows)
((:berkeley-db-include-dir . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/include/")
 (:berkeley-db-lib-dir . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/")
 (:berkeley-db-lib . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/libdb45.dll")
 (:berkeley-db-deadlock . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/db_deadlock.exe")
 (:pthread-lib . nil)
 (:clsql-lib . nil)
 (:compiler . :cygwin))

the bdb dll installed
from the .msi file is used, which is libdb45.dll.

The install instructions could look like this:

1. install bdb for windows (.msi)
2. modify adapt the bdb directories in config.sexp
3. install cygwin including  mingw
4. mount C: as /c/
5. comment these lines out in C:\cygwin\usr\include\mingw\sys\types.h:
/*
  *#ifndef _SSIZE_T_
  *#define _SSIZE_T_
  *typedef long _ssize_t;
  *
  *#ifndef	_NO_OLDNAMES
  *typedef _ssize_t ssize_t;
  *#endif
  *#endif * Not _SSIZE_T_ *
*/

6. load ele-bdb with asdf

Ian:

the bdb directories seem to be hardcoded then. I mean if I transfer
an executable to another computer where bdb is installed at a different place,
it will not work?

Frank