[elephant-devel] Tests on windows

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Mar 6 04:14:22 UTC 2007

Dear Frank,
    I just tried to get postgres-socket working.  I had no problems at
all---until I dropped my database and tried to recreate the tables via
postgresql-socket, as you have done, and then I got the same error.

    Right at the moment, I can't conjecture if this is a but in CLSQL or
in my usage of it.  Apparently, you can work around this problem by
opening the controller (which creates all the necessary tables) via the
"postgresql" interface, and then using a postgresql-socket connection
string.  (I know that might not be acceptable, because one of the
reasons one might use the socket interface is to avoid the need to use
the Postgres libraries or to run on the same machine.)

    I will investigate a bit more and let you know if I can either fix
the problem or work-around it in some other way.