[elephant-devel] db-postmodern update - Integrated!

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Fri Jul 6 23:47:42 UTC 2007

Scribit Robert L. Read dies 05/07/2007 hora 10:20:
> However, it uses tables more effectively, and uses stored procedures
> which are very Postgres-specific and not portable to a different
> database.

Well, I think that constitutes an answer to my earlier question about
the performance gains of stored procedures: it's definitely worth
investigating.

I would find interesting to see how to cl-sql backend could be made
extensible, so that most of the postmodern's improvements related to the
use of the database could be ported to it.

Does the way the postmodern backend communicates with the DB could also
be a source of speedup?

> Although we have been responsive to bugs, I don't feel that we have
> been given a lot of feedback in terms of what direction it should
> take.

Well, I think my recent paper give some interesting directions:

http://lisp-ecoop07.bknr.net/submission/13418

Curiously,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org