[elephant-devel] Testing

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jan 24 01:00:01 UTC 2007

Thanks to everyone who is doing testing.  We'll take the feedback
from these runs and clean things up a bit before asking for another
round of testing.  I think we'll accelerate the 0.6.1 release so
there is a definite target to test for.  The remaining features:

Serializer efficiency improvement (SQL & BDB)
Native 64-bit support
Simplify multi-threading and multi-store operations
Ensure migration works between 0.6.0 and 0.6.1

I'm hoping to be ready with an alpha by the first week of february.
Anyone who wants to help with testing in the meantime just keep an
eye on the list, I'll announce features as they appear ready for a
broader testing.  Anyone who wants to help with a feature, just let
me know so we can coordinate our efforts.

For the serializer, I think that Robert and I are most of the way
there.  Code reviews and comments are fine, but hold off until next
week.

Ian