eslick at csail.mit.edu
Mon Jan 22 23:37:42 UTC 2007
Test coverage issues:
- Most changes I just made are subsumed by testing the existing
regressions on different platforms, such as running the regression on
64-bit machines with a 64-bit lisp.
- An 0.6.0 DB to 0.6.1 DB migration test (to be added) will validate
the new multiple-serializer interface as well as migration support.
- Unicode support: we need a test that generates UTF-16 and UTF-32
strings on platforms that support them and ensures that they are
properly translated (only SBCL supports UTF-32 at present, correct?)
- Thread safety: any suggestions on how to do this? I haven't done
any formal multi-threaded software engineering, so am unfamiliar with
the current state of the art in testing these systems (other than
- A non-automated test that different lisps can connect to the same
database on the same machine successfully. A test that writes a DB
and another one that opens and validates the data should be a nice
sanity check of this. This may even work across machine
architectures, but I haven't thought through how machine endianness
will effect this.
More information about the elephant-devel