[elephant-devel] Elephant not installing via SBCL

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Feb 16 06:26:38 UTC 2007

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to elephant-devel.  It's late so I'll be quick.  Elephant
does not require threads to work.  What you are seeing is build
errors in the C compilation step for src/memutil/libmemutil.c due to
incompatible header files.  The 0.6.0 release only works against
Berkeley DB 4.3, not 4.5 (api changes and constant changes).  This
should be documented in the INSTALL file.

The current HEAD, which is about to enter an alpha state for the next
(0.6.1) release, will depend on 4.5.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other problems!

Ian