[elephant-devel] Change of slot definition

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 09:50:24 UTC 2007

The user's guide talks about added and discarded slots, but what's the behaviour
when a slot changes?

Suppose I represent a picture with an object PIC that contains the location of
a file holding it. I store a bunch of other objects that each have a picture:

(defpclass myobj ()
  ((picture :type PIC)))

Now I decide later on that a string would be enough

(defpclass myobj ()
  ((picture :type STRING)))

What will happen? A bad thing, i.e. a deserialization error?
Is there a way to define how a PIC should be converted to a STRING?

  Leslie

--
My personal blog: http://blog.viridian-project.de/