[elephant-devel] pthreads-related patch

pinterface pinterface at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 20:52:18 UTC 2006

Hello again.

Unrelated to my previous patch, while finally loading elephant onto a
threaded SBCL, I had some problems with compiling ele-bdb throwing me into
SBCL's ldb debugger. Tracked it down, and it turns out the libpthread.so
which elephant loads on linux is the culprit; I'm guessing it conflicts with
the threading code SBCL is already using.

But that's really beside the point: if *sleepycat-pthreads-path* is nil,
elephant shouldn't try to load it. A patch is attached to fix just that.
Whether this will cause me grief with multiple threads bouncing data around
is yet to be seen, but at least none of the backend BDB tests fail. :)

-pinterface

(Progressing glacially.)