[elephant-devel] Install and Tutorial

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Thu Nov 9 03:58:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 22:38 -0500, Daniel Salama wrote:

> I've been to the site lately and don't see much changes happening
> there. So I'm wondering if anyone can comment:
>
> 1) How to download the latest and greatest? Is the .gz file always
> the latest and greatest or should I get the CVS version? Is the CVS
> version stable?

The .gz is the latest and greatest which is stable and has been tested
in a complete sense.
The CVS version is of course newer; I estimate that it is *not* more
stable.

> 2) Where can I see a tutorial using the latest changes made? The blog
> example (as documented) is VERY obsolete. Is there a newer tutorial
> somewhere else? Also, the HTML-ized tutorial claims to be the latest
> (as of May 27, 2006), but is there a tutorial residing somewhere else?

I think the HTML-ized tutorial is up-to-date with the last formal
release; I put several hours
of work into making sure that is true.  It may be that the timestamp on
it is wrong.

> 3) Other than the documentation in the file, is there any other
> documentation/tutorial on the proper use of DCM?

DCM is a contributed module; I'm happy to answer questions about it but
have not
written any documentation for it.  The tests are pretty good examples,
however.