[elephant-devel] Request for some sort of response....

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Tue May 23 18:04:01 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Ian Eslick <eslick at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> Is it just me or am I accurately recalling that SQLite is not thread
> safe?  MySQL and PostgreSQL should
> both work fine in this configuration?
>
> There is also an issue with properly binding shared variables into
> multiple threads accessing elephant.
> This has not been fully debugged so if you can reproduce the problem in
> MySQL for instance, I'll
> take the time to work through any threading issues you are having.

Thanks, didn't think about threads. I read up on it a bit and sqlite3
is thread-safe-ish. It has to be built with a threadsafe flag and even
then it has some ifs and buts.

I tried postgresql and it works perfectly fine up until now. Also the
test-suite couldn't make a fault on my sbcl 9.12.

greets,
Ties