[elephant-devel] Outer transaction required?

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Thu Jan 26 23:37:56 UTC 2006

As a follow-up to my earlier post...

It appears that many outer destructive operations need to wrap its calls
in an outer transaction and that the with-transaction statements within
functions like remove-kv for indexed-btrees are not sufficient.  Does
anyone know why this is so?  I kept finding my lisp crashing in
db-delete-buffered even with auto-commit set to t.  Very distressing.  :)

Is there any way to turn on an error-checking mode for development that
catches side-effecting operations that are not inside a transaction?