[elephant-devel] unable to use persistent-class

Aycan iRiCAN aycan.irican at core.gen.tr
Wed Jan 25 18:45:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to use elephant in one of our projects. It's a simple UCW
based web application. I set up elephant properly and run
tests. Started sbcl with slime and evaluate a few lines

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :elephant)
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :ele-bdb)
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :elephant-tests)
(do-all-tests-spec *testdb-path*)

The result is:

5 out of 106 total tests failed: BASICPERSISTENCE, MIGRATE1, MIGRATE2,
   MIGRATE3, MIGRATE4.

After these results, I think that I can try to use it with my
application. I just added :elephant to dependencies of my system
definition.

<snip>
   :depends-on (:ucw :elephant)
</snip>

And also added it to my package definition.

<snip>
    (:use :common-lisp :it.bese.ucw :elephant)
</snip>

I have a simple content class. So I defined its metaclass.

(defclass content ()
    ((title :accessor title
            :initarg :title
            :initform "Sample Title"
            :documentation "Title for content")
     (data :accessor data
           :initarg :data
           :initform "Data"
           :documentation "Data for content"))
  (:metaclass persistent-metaclass))

After these steps, I tried to load my app with asdf but got this
error:

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread
#<THREAD "initial thread" {90033C9}>:
  Error during processing of --eval option (LOAD #P"bin/make-image.lisp"):

  There is no applicable method for the generic function
    #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION ELEPHANT::NEXT-OID (1)>
  when called with arguments
    (NIL).

Is this problem related with Waldo Rubinstein's post?
    http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/elephant-devel/2006-January/000212.html

Can you give me a temporary solution?

Best Regards.

--