[elephant-devel] A thorny problem....

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Sat Feb 18 18:29:12 UTC 2006

Klaus,

We should talk offline.  I'm in the middle of a large re-organization of
the codebase and am trying to simplify alot of the backend
functionality.  Merging your changes into mine will be non-trivial.

If most of your changes are limited to berkeley-db and sleepycat then it
shouldn't be hard to make the changes there by hand.  The metaclass
protocol should get fixed by migrating to closer-to-mop in the near
future which deals with most of the mopish problems that are patched in
the current metaclasses.lisp file.

Anyway, why don't you fill me in on what you're doing so we can
coordinate and keep the pain under control.  :)

Ian