[elephant-devel] Any Allegro users out there?

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Feb 17 01:01:27 UTC 2006

I found that my prior solution to string serialization on Mac OS X was
too slow.  I believe I have a better fix but am worried about whether it
works on allegro on all platforms (endianness, etc).

What Allegro users are out there and what platform configurations and
allegro versions are you using?  If you send me mail offline (eslick at
media.mit.edu) I may try to ask you to help me test this fix.  It
provides about a 4x improvement in one benchmark that is important to me
and generally speeds up all symbol & string serialization so should have
very positive performance implications.

My specs are:
- PowerPC G4
- Mac OS X 10.4
- Allegro 8.0 Enterprise (default alisp image)

Regards,