[elephant-devel] John McCarthy's Elephant 2000

Red Daly reddaly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 08:30:47 UTC 2006

I am wondering if you elephant developers have recognized your namespace
collision with John McCarthy's Elephant 2000 Programming Language Based
on Speech Acts :)

I do not know much about it other than some anecdotal information from a
professor of mine.  He said a few years ago he saw Professor McCarthy
making photocopies of his new Elephant 2000 manuscript.  My professor
asked him about Elephant, and he told him "it's a new language I'm
working on--without any parentheses.  I have written too many
parentheses in my life, so elephant doesn't have any!"

Here is a web site by McCarthy about elephant:
http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/elephant/elephant.html

Hope you enjoy!  Keep up the good work on the Elephant Object Database,
and I look forward to the next release.

-red daly