[elephant-devel] SQLite 3 support - fixed

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Tue Nov 22 09:27:51 UTC 2005

   Enclosed, find my patch against SQL-BACK-END to make Elephant work
with SQLite 3.  I have also attached the detailed notes I took while
debugging, since they'll probably be of interest to Robert.  There
may be a couple small changes in the patch not explained in the
notes... ask me if it's unclear.  The notes are stream-of-
consciousness stuff, so don't expect them to be concise or direct.

   The main problem was a bug in how slot values were decoded.  The
actual connecting to the database and exchanging sql with it went
without a hitch.

   I needed the Berkely DB support to continue working, so that I
could migrate my data, so I fixed one small bug there and changed the
library path to where fink installs it - I used the "db43*" packages.

   I tested this all on OS X:

Darwin mt-kukulu.local 8.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.2.0: Fri Jun 24
17:46:54 PDT 2005; root:xnu-792.2.4.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc

   I used clsql-3.4.6, uffi-1.5.7, and the version of sqlite which
came with the OS, 3.0.8.6.

   Tell me how it works for you!

-- Dan Knapp