[elephant-devel] DB_NOTFOUND and Unknown error: -5

Florian Obser florian.obser at t-online.de
Tue Nov 8 20:55:31 UTC 2005

I found the time for some more tests today. Now it works!

Robert L. Read wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 21:44 +0100, Florian Obser wrote:
>
>>Will sbcl 0.9.5 be a requirement for elephant 0.3.0 or do you think i
>>can stick with 0.8.16? Are the unicode-issues resolved?
>>I'm going to try the cvs-version as soon as I find the time, probably
>>next weekend.
>>
> No, 0.3.0 should still work with SBCL 0.8.X.  In fact thanks to Juho
> Snellman I recently committed
> the necessary changes to the SQL-BACK-END branch to deal with these.
>
> The SBCL team obsoleted a low-level memory function between 8 and 9; I'm
> not sure why but
> you have to test what version you are in and call the correct thing.  In
> theory I have done it correctly
> so it will work under both versions.

I first build libdb 4.2 from sources and tried the CVS version. After
editing the makefile gcc produced a lot of warnings and errors about
missing symbols. Since the makefile hinted that you (or whoever checked
in the makefile) was using libdb 4.3 I changed to the latest libdb 4.3
and suddenly everything worked.

[...]
>>A quick test failed in the first line:
>>------------------------------
>>component "elephant-tests" not found
>>   [Condition of type ASDF:MISSING-COMPONENT]
>>------------------------------
>>
> This is probably because you have not placed a symbolic link to
> blahblah/elephant-0.2.1/elephant-tests.asd in
> the "asdf::*central-repository*" directory.
>
> I personally use  "/usr/local/share/lisp" for this, and have the
> following three lines in my /etc/sbclrc file,
> to make sure SBCL knows where to find my ASDF systems:
>
> (defparameter *ASDF-PACKAGE-HOME* "/usr/local/share/lisp/")
> (require 'asdf)
> (setq asdf:*central-registry* (cons *asdf-package-home*
> asdf:*central-registry*))

Yes, of course. I missed that one last night, but it was too late in the
night. I tried that one too, before switching to libdb 4.3 and cvs (so
in fact I was using the debian packets and elephant-0.2.1.tar.gz) but it
failed with DB_NOTFOUND

- Florian