[elephant-devel] DB_NOTFOUND and Unknown error: -5

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Nov 8 21:04:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 21:55 +0100, Florian Obser wrote:

> I found the time for some more tests today. Now it works!

Excellent!

> I first build libdb 4.2 from sources and tried the CVS version. After
> editing the makefile gcc produced a lot of warnings and errors about
> missing symbols. Since the makefile hinted that you (or whoever checked
> in the makefile) was using libdb 4.3 I changed to the latest libdb 4.3
> and suddenly everything worked.

Darn --- I hope I haven't done something that requires libdb 4.3 without
knowing it, although I
suppose it is good that it works with the latest version.

Do you mean that you are using 0.2.1 or the SQL-BACK-END branch of the
CVS repository
or the latest version (on the "trunk", as opposed to the "branch") of
the CVS repository for Elephant?

----
Robert L. Read, PhD                                     read &T
robertlread.net
Consider visiting Progressive Engineering:
http://robertlread.net/pe
In Austin: 912-8593                                        "Think
globally, Act locally." -- RBF