[elephant-devel] db gc

Gabor Melis mega at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 18 14:42:32 UTC 2004

Hello

Currently I am investigating the possibility of replacing  a cl-sql backend in
a very simple web application after getting more and more dissatisfied with
the abstraction level of that solution. I stumbled into elephant and it looks
very nice.

However, one of my toy tests that adds a lot of instances of a simple
persistent clos class to root repeatedly (to the same key) seems to make
%ELEPHANT grow and grow. I suspect the slot values don't get "garbage
collected" as hinted by a note in:

http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/doc/The-Root.html

Is that so? Is there a workaround?

Cheers, Gábor Melis

PS: One more thing that's been bothering me: is there a reason for add-to-root
and get-from-root not following the more conventional/lispy root-value + setf
approach?