[eclm] Questions regarding accommodation and parking on ECLM 2011

Sascha Wilde wilde at sha-bang.de
Sat Sep 17 17:33:30 UTC 2011

Hi Hans,

thanks for your kind reply.

Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> from my experience, getting around in Amsterdam is very easy by Tram.
> There is no need to choose a Hotel very close to the conference venue,
> as you can get there easily by public transport.

Sounds good, is there an internet site (preferably in English) where I
can get reliable information on routs using public transport?  Seems
google maps does so, but I'm not sure if it can be trusted (and of cause
schedule is missing)...

cheers
sascha

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Sascha Wilde <wilde at sha-bang.de> wrote:
>> Hello *,
>>
>> the conference hotel is uhm, a little high price (224,- inc. breakfast
>> is the lowest offer) -- so I wonder if there are any good alternatives
>> within in (best short) walking distance.
>>
>> Might the NH Tropen (Linnaeusstraat, 2c -- still not cheap but 22% less)
>> be an option?  Any other recommendations would be highly welcome!
>> What about parking options at/near the hotels and the meeting?
>>

>> Another concern of mine is the dinner at Saturday:
>>
>> - I haven't seen any information on when the dinner starts, as I'm not
>>  taking part in the guided tour, when will we meet at the Brasserie
>>  Harkema?
>>
>> - What is the best way to get to and from the Brasserie Harkema?
>>  Parking seems to be a big issue in Amsterdam and driving a car is
>>  incompatible to most convenient beverage...
>>
>> once again any hints are highly appreciated!
>>
>> cheers
>> sascha
>> --
>> Sascha Wilde
>> Well, *my* brain likes to think it's vastly more powerful than any
>> finite Turing machine but it hasn't proven that to me...
>>  -- Christopher Koppler in comp.lang.lisp

Sascha Wilde : The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
             : that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found
             : it!) but "That's funny ..." -- Isaac Asimov