[eclipse-devel] SBCL problems

Iban HATCHONDO hatchond at yahoo.fr
Tue May 31 12:16:22 UTC 2005

--- Christian Lynbech <christian.lynbech at ericsson.com>
a écrit :

> writes:
>
> zeDek> Whenever I try to open/display a window which
> title-bar contains
> zeDek> accentuated characters, Eclipse crashes.
>
> One of the things that has been added to SBCL is
> UNICODE support and
> it is quite conceivable that the way SBCL represents
> unicode strings
> is inappropriate for eclipse and/or clx. It is also
> quite conceivable
> that the presence of the accentuated characters in
> the title triggers
> generation of unicode strings.
>
> Is it a hard crash (ie. something like a
> segmentation fault) or does
> eclipse merely exits? One way of telling could to
> start up with no
> window manager, just an xterm, and then start
> eclipse from the
> xterm. That should at least allow you to see if any
> clues are being
> printed to standard out.
>
> Is it possible for you to try another lisp? I use
> CMUCL myself and was
> not immediately able to reproduce any problems with
> accentuated chars
> in the title.

Me neither. But I failed compiling CLX for the latest
sbcl (having some sb-kernel:bit-bash-copy undefined,
or with the latest CLX archive from telent some
xlib:fast-pixarray-copy* function undefined).

Nevertheless I think that the unicode capabilities of
sbcl might be our source of the problem as Christian
said.

Is someone else around using sbcl and experiencing the
same sort of troubles ?

Iban.