[eclipse-devel] SBCL problems

Christian Lynbech christian.lynbech at ericsson.com
Mon May 30 10:46:07 UTC 2005

>>>>> "zeDek" == Xavier Maillard <zedek at gnu-rox.org> writes:

zeDek> Whenever I try to open/display a window which title-bar contains
zeDek> accentuated characters, Eclipse crashes.

One of the things that has been added to SBCL is UNICODE support and
it is quite conceivable that the way SBCL represents unicode strings
is inappropriate for eclipse and/or clx. It is also quite conceivable
that the presence of the accentuated characters in the title triggers
generation of unicode strings.

Is it a hard crash (ie. something like a segmentation fault) or does
eclipse merely exits? One way of telling could to start up with no
window manager, just an xterm, and then start eclipse from the
xterm. That should at least allow you to see if any clues are being
printed to standard out.

Is it possible for you to try another lisp? I use CMUCL myself and was
not immediately able to reproduce any problems with accentuated chars
in the title.