CVS repository.

James A. Crippen james at unlambda.com
Fri Jun 21 18:09:01 UTC 2002

I've started a CVS repository for Eclipse.  I thought about it after a
while and realized that probably having Eclipse have its own CVS repo
separate from say CLOCC would be a good idea, mostly because it'll
have lots of its own activity.  If the CLOCC people would like to
include Eclipse I would say that it would be better for them to
occasionally import official released versions of Eclipse rather than
have a constantly changing CVS copy.  It also allows the Eclipse
hackers to do their own CVS management.

Now granted the CVS repo could be hosted with Sourceforge or the like,
and this is still possible (it's not hard to get multiple CVS repos to
rsync each other).  But I can set up a new CVS repo in a matter of
minutes on my domain, and it already hosts a handful of other
Lisp-related projects.  And the mailing list is already there.  So,
without further hesitation...

Anyhow, I'm about to import the Eclipse sources as of 2002-06-18 that
I received from Iban into the CVS repository.  It'll have anonymous
read-only access as well as a web-browsable interface, and will of
course have write access for selected victims^Wcontributors.

Here's the CVS command to check out sources anonymously:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.unlambda.com:/home/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.unlambda.com:2401/home/cvsroot
CVS password: [just press Enter/Return/Newline/Whatever]
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.unlambda.com:/home/cvsroot checkout eclipse
cvs server: Updating eclipse
[...]

The web browsing interface to the CVS repo is based on ViewCVS and is
at:
  http://www.unlambda.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/eclipse/

Iban, please contact me privately about getting you a CVS
write-enabled account.  It should be relatively painless.

Everyone else, please let me know if you have any problems.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W