Compiling a binary that uses quicklisp

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:02:19 UTC 2023

Maybe I should get my project up in a repo, but it looks like I have the
dependency listed. Here is my package's .asd named cl-i3.asd:

(asdf:defsystem #:cl-i3

   :name "cl-i3"

   :description "A replacement for i3status written in Common Lisp."

   :author "Brandon Hale<bthaleproductions at gmail.com>"

   :license "GPLv3"

   :version "1.0"

   :depends-on (#:cl-ansi-text #:trivial-battery #:str)

   :components ((:file "main")))

And the top portion of my main.lisp:

(ql:quickload :trivial-battery)

(ql:quickload :str)

;; allows for colors to be printed

(ql:quickload :cl-ansi-text)

(defpackage :cl-i3

   (:use #:common-lisp))

I am definitely not an expert on Common Lisp packages, but this does
load up in slime on my machine when I do a

(ql:quickload :cl-i3)

with ecl 21.2.1-3 from Arch Linux.

I need to look at the well-commented example again to see what I'm doing
wrong methinks.

Brandon Hale