Where to go with EQL5 and QT specific questions?

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Tue Mar 2 20:41:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 02 2021, Erik Winkels wrote:

> I think I could pin my apps to specific versions in the RPM spec
> but don't have much experience with packaging and I haven't
> tried it yet.

I don’t think you have to do anything on your part, when I tried
to update ecl locally zypper returned an error because your app
had a dependency on a library no longer available
(libecl.so.20.4). So it should be okay as long as storeman doesn’t
force the update.

> I don't know if you have the time, but I would be very
> interested in having 64-bit versions as well.

Of course, it’s no big deal. Although I don’t think there is a
device that uses it yet.

> Could you give me a heads-up when you've uploaded the 21.2.1
> release?

Will do, I’ll send an email here.

> It's common for packages on OpenRepos to ask this. OpenRepos is
> for more experienced users and they should be able to do this.
> (Yes, this is a bit of a cop-out.)

I understand, but I still think it’s not a great user experience
:)

>> I was wondering if there is a possibility to statically link
>> against libecl and libeql5. That way applications could be
>> truly standalone and maybe even acceptable for the jolla shop.
>
> That would be very cool, and I see Daniel has answered to this
> already.

Yep, I’ll look into it. For eql we might need to tweak the qmake
files but it seems there are some work already done for static
modules.

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré