Where to go with EQL5 and QT specific questions?

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 15:58:57 UTC 2021

Hello,

> On 01-03-2021 13:54 Renaud Casenave-Péré <renaud at casenave-pere.fr> wrote:
>
> In that regard I have prepared a package for the latest ecl release (21.2.1) but you’ll have to recompile and reupload your applications using the newest libraries when I update my repository. I’m not sure how storeman behave regarding broken dependencies.

I think I could pin my apps to specific versions in the RPM spec but don't have much experience with packaging and I haven't tried it yet.

I don't know if you have the time, but I would be very interested in having 64-bit versions as well.

Could you give me a heads-up when you've uploaded the 21.2.1 release?

> I am also a bit concerned about asking end-users to add an unrelated repository to be able to install your applications

It's common for packages on OpenRepos to ask this.  OpenRepos is for more experienced users and they should be able to do this. (Yes, this is a bit of a cop-out.)

> I was wondering if there is a possibility to statically link against libecl and libeql5. That way applications could be truly standalone and maybe even acceptable for the jolla shop.

That would be very cool, and I see Daniel has answered to this already.

Bye,
Erik