Where to go with EQL5 and QT specific questions?

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Mar 1 13:05:57 UTC 2021

Hey,

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, March 1, 2021 1:54 PM, Renaud Casenave-Péré <renaud at casenave-pere.fr> wrote:

> I am also a bit concerned about asking end-users to add an
> unrelated repository to be able to install your applications and
> I was wondering if there is a possibility to statically link
> against libecl and libeql5. That way applications could be truly
> standalone and maybe even acceptable for the jolla shop.

when you specify --disable-shared during configuration, then ecl will be compiled statically
(one of the artifacts will be named libecl.a). This solution has a drawback, because you won't
be able to load .fas files at runtime (but .fasc are fine). In the future, it would be nice to
separate these two things with different flags.

Best regards,
Daniel