Where to go with EQL5 and QT specific questions?

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Mon Mar 1 12:54:56 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have stumbled upon Erik’s applications for sailfishos on
openrepos.net and was surprise to see my repository mentioned
there for providing a package for ecl and eql5. That prompted me
to have a look at any unread messages from this mailing list
(I need to tidy up my mail client sometimes…) and it seems I have
missed quite a bit of activity here.

I’m glad my packages and little template were of any use to you
and I think it is great we now have some real applications built
using ecl and eql5 running on sailfishos. My time allotted to sfos
is a bit short and apart from maintaining those 2 packages
I haven’t produced much myself. In that regard I have prepared a
package for the latest ecl release (21.2.1) but you’ll have to
recompile and reupload your applications using the newest
libraries when I update my repository. I’m not sure how storeman
behave regarding broken dependencies.

I am also a bit concerned about asking end-users to add an
unrelated repository to be able to install your applications and
I was wondering if there is a possibility to statically link
against libecl and libeql5. That way applications could be truly
standalone and maybe even acceptable for the jolla shop.

I also welcome Paul to the sfos community and if you allow me I’ll
continue maintaining eql5 package but if you’d rather taking it
over just let me know.
Anyway I might come say hi on IRC sometime in the future. :)

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré