[EQL5] Slow startup

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 14 13:09:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

A bit of a late reply since the discussion has already continued but:

On 2021-01-12 18:50, pls.153 wrote:

> So, my question is: if you don't add ASDF as a dependency, what error
> messages do you get at app startup?

When I do not `(require :sb-bsd-sockets)` I get:

     Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
     Package ((SB-BSD-SOCKETS . #<SB-BSD-SOCKETS package>)) referenced in
compiled file
       NIL
     but has not been created

and when I leave out `(require :asdf)` I get:

     Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
     The packages
       ((UIOP/OS . #<UIOP/OS package>) (UIOP/PATHNAME . #<UIOP/PATHNAME
package>))
     were referenced in compiled file
       NIL
     but have not been created

I tried your trick of doing a `defpackage` instead and while it worked
it did not have a noticeable impact on startup time.

Anyway, for now the startup time is good enough.

Thanks,
Erik