ASDF problem on second load of ECL

lsxvdqe lsxvdqe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 17:34:28 UTC 2020

You have another ASDF somewhere, like ~/common-lisp/asdf.
When you load some system it first checks for newer ASDF and loads it.
For some reason it fails with unbound slot STAMP in ACTION-STATUS object.
When trying to print that object stack blows up.

I have actually reproduced this. All works fine if you recompile this
external ASDF, but when you try to load it again this error happens.

I guess the simplest workaround is to lock ASDF:
(require "asdf")  ; Loads built-in ASDF
(asdf:register-immutable-system "asdf")  ; Prevents ASDF from reloading

Not sure if this is the right way to go, but it should work.
Of course, removing external ASDF (or excluding it from the source registry)
should also help.