AW: ASDF problem on second load of ECL

marius.gerbershagen@gmail.com marius.gerbershagen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 17:13:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have seen this problem occurring previously when asdf was trying to update itself. Unfortunately, the update process is so complicated that I wasn't able to determine whether the error is due to a bug in asdf or in ECL.

Therefore, I can only offer you two possible workarounds: a) make sure that no copy of asdf is located somewhere where asdf is searching for its systems or b) create a monolithic asdf.lisp file from the asdf sources, drop it in place of contrib/asdf/asdf.lisp in the ECL sources and recompile ECL.

Best,
Marius Gerbershagen