Script to build ECL for iOS using XCode 10 tools?

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:57:32 UTC 2019

On 9/9/19, PR <polos.ruetz at gmail.com> wrote:
> never mind, asking around helped (this branch is not cleaned-up, as
> the author says, but surely a very good start for somebody willing to
> pick up from there):
>
> https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/blob/arm64-port/ios_build.md

ok, so having a working build script for ECL on iOS arm64 is a big
step forward, but still not enough:
I have no problem compiling and deploying the "arm64-port" branch with
the following versions:

Xcode 10.2
iOS 12 (phone)

But it crashes with EXC_BAD_ACCESS during cl_boot().
I can't currently be precise about the point/function it crashes,
because this depends on what I put in the main() function: if I add
some arbitrary stack variable before cl_boot(), like:

  char tmp[256];
  cl_boot(1, argv);

it crashes at a completely different point than without it, the same
if I simply change the size of the char vector.
The author of the above branch was able to run it successfully about 3
years ago (2016), even with ASDF and Swank, on a real device.

Now my question is: if you tried it, and it worked for you, what were
the exact Xcode and iOS versions you used?

Thanks,

Paul