Is this thing on? Cross-compiling for ARM

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 2 14:16:15 UTC 2019

Hi Daniel,

First of all, sorry for the horrible formatting of my initial e-mail.  I'm using a proper mail program now.

Secondly, thanks for the reply and apologies for the late reply: the year turnaround got in the way.

"Daniel Kochmański" wrote on Sunday, 2018-12-30 20:56:

> Alright, so the quick follow up:
>
> The problem is that you try to cross-compile ECL with an older version
[…]
> and all should work fine. If your toolchain doesn't have atomic_ops
> library then build may have some problems if you need them. In that
> case either use different flags or install said library.

Hm, I did compile the same ECL for the host before making this report since that was mentioned in the README (or INSTALL) but it didn't seem to make a difference.  So I will try your above suggestion.  Never thought of this since I'm not very familiar with with the atomic_ops stuff.

As you wrote in your earlier reply about compiling on the machine itself: I wanted to avoid this since the Sailfish SDK offers both an emulator (x86) and a way to deply directly on the machine (ARM), but on further thought I might just go for this option.  It might actually make things easier instead of more difficult (which I initially thought).

Regards,
Erik