Oddities in ECL tests on Linux

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:36:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 1:46 PM Marius Gerbershagen
<marius.gerbershagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The test-require.script test fails because it tries to require
> the :rt module which is deprecated on the develop branch and no longer
> build by default.  A simple fix is to use the :sockets module instead
IIRC, we used to used to use :sockets, but started using :rt instead
because :sockets was not available on Windows. Is there a module that
is available on all platforms?

> The test-program.script test seems to fail to include uiop because of an
> error in the linkable-system function.
> -        (if-let (s (and (equal x "uiop") (output-files 'lib-op "asdf")
> (find-system "asdf/driver")))
> +        (if-let (s (and (equal (coerce-name x) "uiop") (output-files
> 'lib-op "asdf") (find-system "asdf/driver")))
Good catch and good fix! At least, it works for me: the test fails
without and works with the patch.

The highest goal of computer science is to automate
that which can be automated. — Derek L. VerLee