ASDF 3.1.6 is released

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sun Oct 18 02:32:15 UTC 2015

We would like to announce the release of ASDF 3.1.6, the latest bug fix
release for ASDF.  As usual many thanks are due to Faré for many bug
fixes, clean ups, explanations, etc.  Thanks are also owed to Dave
Cooper, for testing on the Windows platform, enabling the maintainers to
test on Windows, and identifying uncaught bugs. Thanks to Anton
Vodonosov for testing the release candidate against Quicklisp on
cl-test-grid.  Finally, thanks to all who found bugs, provided patches,
and used prerelease candidates.

We urge implementations that are currently bundling previous versions of
ASDF to adopt 3.1.6.  3.1.6 does not introduce any API incompatibilities
that we know of, and contains significant bug fixes on multiple
platforms and implementations.  See the Changelog (below) for a list of
the major bug fixes.  Details on minor bugfixes can be found at
launchpad.net/asdf

We had hoped that 3.1.5 would be the last 3.1.x bug fix release, paving
the way for us to move to developing ASDF 3.2, which we expect will add
new features.  Maybe this time!

Here is the changelog entry for 3.1.6:

  Bug fix and portability release:
  * Fix backtrace on SBCL.
  * Fix RUN-PROGRAM of string (shell command) on Windows SBCL (ticket
    #1501373).
  * Fix a number of issues with bundle operations (especially on
    non-C-compiler-based implementations).
  * Fix component-finding in package-inferred-system.
  * Fix race condition between multiple concurrent lisp processes
    doing ASDF builds (ticket #1483948).
  * Fix misplaced fasl cache on Windows.
  * Miscellaneous bug fixes.
  * Documentation improvements.