[ecl-android v0.0.1]

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Sat Nov 7 09:55:18 UTC 2015

Pascal J. Bourguignon writes:

> (Sorry previous message sent too early, a bug in Thunderbird).
>

> On 07/11/15 02:09, Daniel Kochmański wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> for the last few weeks I was working on the ECL Android
>> integration. I've managed to create a basic app which is
>> swank-capable. More info here:
>> https://common-lisp.net/project/ecl/
>>
>> I'll appreciate all the feedback :)
>>
> Trying to compile the HEAD (develop, commit
> 61150e38be5405b8a1c691b6330b473259852b77) of ecl to generate the cross
> compiler, configure fails:

This is my bad. Branch you want is "mobile" not "develop". I plan to
merge it soon.

>     ### YOU ARE TRYING TO CROSS COMPILE ECL.
>     ### PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
>     ###
>     ### 1) Vital information cannot be determined at configuration time
>     ### because we are not able to run test programs. A file called
>     ###
>     ### has been created, that you will have to fill out. Please do
>     ### it before invoking "configure" again.
>

> (Notice, no file name indicated).
>
>     ### 2) To cross-compile ECL so that it runs on the system
>     ###        arm-unknown-linux-androideabi
>     ### you need to first compile ECL on the system in which you are
>     building
>     ### the cross-compiled files, that is
>     ###        x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0
>     ### By default we assume that ECL can be accessed from some directory in
>     ### the path.
>     ECL_TO_RUN=/opt/local/bin/ecl
>     configure: error: Configuration aborted

This is another typo in README.og (already fixed in repository)

after building host compiler you have to:

      export ECL_TO_RUN=`pwd`/android/ecl-32/bin/ecl
      rm -r build

      ./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi \
                  --prefix=`pwd`/ecl-android \
                  --with-cross-config=`pwd`/src/util/android.cross_config \
                  --disable-soname

where `pwd`/android-ecl-32/bin/ecl is path to your host ECL.

> I already have /opt/local/bin/ecl, it's provided by MacPorts (version
> 16.0.0).

OK, no problem with that. Keep in mind though that it has to be 32 bit
build with disabled longdouble. It will be changed when
cross-compilation framework work is done, but for now you'll probably
have to build your local host compiler.

> I defined ELC_TO_RUN and relaunched the script, and it's now failing
> with a failure to configure gmp.
>
> Attached a tarball with logs.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański | Poznań, Poland ;; aka jackdaniel
www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi