[release candidate][16.0.0-rc1]

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Thu Aug 27 07:40:44 UTC 2015

Hej,

Roger Sen Montero writes:

> Daniel,
>
>  downloaded and run it in a mac with no major issues:
>
> $ uname -a
> Darwin iMac 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT
> 2015; root:xnu-2782.40.9~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
> $ make -C build/tests/ show-fails
> tail -n 8 regressions.log | head -n 6
>  EFORMAT-0002-TRANSCODE-READ-CHAR
> 1 out of 98 total tests failed: MBOX-1-TO-N-BLOCKING.
> real time : 92.512 secs
> run time  : 51.462 secs
> gc count  : 52 times
> consed    : 26965205664 bytes

MBOX-1-TO-N-BLOCKING sometimes fails. Taht's good that it worked.

> But I see the regressions are the only tests included, so find attached
> this patch to update the README file for your review and applying.

Thanks!

> I pushed it to the repo, but decided to revert it as I still don't get how
> to use gitlab without messing with the branch.

Easiest way would be to create a separate branch, make changes and push
it to the mai nrepository. GitLab offers Merge Requests between branches
and it would be easiest for applying (just clicking "accept request"),
and review – inline comments are supported. For an example check:

https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/merge_requests/2

and after succesful merge deleting merged branch. If changes are trivial
(by that I mean they doesn't affect build and are obviously correct)
feel free to push directly to develop branch.

Pushing this was fine, it wouldn't affect any build – but please do it
to develop branch, pushing to RC branch would create merge conflict
between rc and develop, because I've moved README (which was de-facto
debugging doc) to src/util/debugging. We have to make things in
src/util/* more visible/accessible, document it's all there, but
debugging info isn't a good "welcome" page, but toplevel README file is
rendered as such by GitLab. So this changes generallly should be applied
to moved file src/util/debugging and pushed to develop branch.

Best regards,
Daniel