[Ecls-list] mp.lsp with-lock diff review

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 22:58:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> Please review this diff, which basically makes two changes:

I have reviewed it and it looks ok, except for the (the fixnum ...)
coercions which should not be necessary. In any case I will commit it as it
is.

> Since WITH-LOCK is a macro that's called rather often in MP code, this
> provides some performance improvement with a few tests I've ran.

I believe there are many places where such improvements will make a
difference.

> One thing also, is that I currently have various custom changes in my
> tree which I wouldn't want to necessarily push to the official
> repository (at least not immediately).  I began reading the progit book
> so eventually I should know better what I'm doing with GIT, hopefully.

GIT can be daunting to use, but it is quite flexible. I believe it should
be easier for you to track those changes using git than with cvs.

> As such, feel free to commit the change if you have commit access and
> like the diff.

It is already in, but you also do have commit permissions and could've done
it.

BTW, it would be more useful to get a patch (as in git format-patch) with
the commit message and your signature.

> It's also unclear to me if we should use this list for reviews in
> general before commiting changes, but it's the policy of some projects
> I've participated in; the opinion of others (especially the main
> maintainer) on this would be good to have.

Note that this is what I suggested.