[Ecls-list] Project status and changes (please read)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 18 00:52:10 UTC 2013

07.10.2013, 12:55, "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com>:
> * On a similar line, if integrating third-party libraries becomes an issue,
> they will be completely dropped or frozen. For instance, ECL may end up demanding
> that you install libffi or libgc, leaving an old but working version for me to
> enjoy building on Windows only.

I find it very convenient advantage of ECL that itis
self-contained and easy to build:
git clone && configure && make && make install.
No dependencies to install.

Frozen solution is preferred (if it means using the old
versions of dependency libraries).

Of course, if maintaining this state requires someone to spend
efforts, no-one can demand you to do so.

Best regards,
- Anton