[Ecls-list] Project status and changes (please read)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 18 00:39:42 UTC 2013

15.10.2013, 11:54, "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Juan Jose, how about publishing the changes already in git as the last release?
>> So that future users use and discuss a version as close to git repository as possible.
>
> The tree as it is does not work in a number of platforms (Cygwin/64, Upcoming XCode, etc). Thus a release cannot be done without some additional effort --- which I am putting in my free time as I can spare it.

Ah, OK.

I just thought how to conserve ECL so that it is preserved
in good state for a longer time.

BTW, I want to note that the level of support you provided
to ECL users exceeded the level many commertial
software vendors provide for their software.

If you report an issue to a company about their product
it may take days untill they reply, often superficially
like "please give us more information".

On ecls-list you often reponded very quickly, with detailed
technical answers, commiting code fixes, etc.

Thansks for spending all that energy on the project.

Best regards,
- Anton