[Ecls-list] Building a CGI program

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 21:15:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM, William Hounslow <
hounslow at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Because I don't have a tame Apache setup to experiment with, I expended
> the rest of my effort on changing ECL itself to output a condensed error
> message. I got rid of "No restarts available" and now all I see is the
> debug prompt. I know it is the prompt because I changed it to a
> different character. If I remove that I see nothing at all.

It is not clear to me whether the error happens _before_ or after your own
code. I would suggest wrapping the executable with a script that prints a
proper header and _then_ executes the Lisp program in a way that it does
not exit. Then intercept with GDB and produce a backtrace.

You mention being able to intercept INVOKE-DEBUGGER. This would be a nice
place to force ECL to sleep and intercept it with GDB from a different
process with GDB. Is it possible for you?