[Ecls-list] [Robert Goldman] Re: [asdf-devel] Cannot use latest git ECL (asdf/quicklisp are involved)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:36:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> There's also a peculiarity however: the condition type will be
> presented as SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR in these new implementations which
> doesn't actually exist in the condition system, but it's actually
> FILE-ERROR, with SIMPLE- prefixed.  I forgot the exact reason for this,
> but Juanjo once explained it to me and I could search my archives if
> necessary.

Simple errors carry an explanatory message, file errors do not; for this
reason most errors signaled by ECL are mixins of simple-error and some more
fundamental class.

In principle the fact that the condition is signaled as a descendent of
file-error and not a file-error instance should not be a problem, provided
the user does not assume unspecified behavior.